What is GECAP?
The Georgia Environmental Compliance Assistance Program (GECAP) is a non-regulatory program offering free and confidential environmental compliance assistance to Georgia businesses. GECAP provides environmentally-related technical assistance targeted to small and mid-sized companies in a manner that is accessible, useful, and understandable by:
- “translating” regulations
- being a source for environmental information
- providing an evaluation of a facility’s environmental compliance status.
The Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI2) also provides free occupational health and safety services for small businesses through the OSHA 21d Consultation Program.
What Can GECAP Do For Your Business?
GECAP environmental personnel are available for free assistance to businesses in Georgia. For more information, you can reach GECAP at 404-407-8082 or email Paige Rohrig at firstname.lastname@example.org. GECAP professionals can help a company determine the following:
- what regulations apply,
- how to comply with the appropriate regulations,
- how to do record keeping and reporting,
- how to determine waste streams, and
- how to manage the environmental aspects of their business.
GECAP provides environmental technical assistance in the following areas:
- Storm Water,
- Oil Storage/Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures Regulations (SPCC),
- Hazardous Waste,
- Solid Waste Management,
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-know Act (EPCRA),
- Industrial Waste Water,
- Air Permitting, and
- Underground Storage Tanks (USTs).
If you are interested in having GECAP personnel visit your site, fill out the GECAP Assistance Request Form. The information that you provide on the online form will help GECAP personnel determine how to best assist you and must be completed before a site visit can take place. Additional contact information for GECAP can be found on the About Us page.
Note: All information is strictly confidential. GECAP does not report to any regulatory agencies.